Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yes, I suck at blogging.........

When we last left our hero, or in this case me, he/I was working for Robert Half Technology as an IT recruiter. Pretty much the worst job I've EVER had. Honestly, I would go back to stocking shelves at a grocery store as I did in high school before I would go back to Robert Half Technology. For the most part, the people I worked with were nice enough. But I didn't like the job at all.........so I left.

Anyone knows me knows that I have a firm belief that everything happens for a reason. And my job with Robert Half was no exception. Through it I met a guy who had similar professional experience to mine. As a result I followed him to Rowan Companies and am now quite happy with my job even if the commute is the longest I've ever had (almost 90 miles round trip).

And speaking of "everything happens for a reason" I couldn't write a blog entry without talking about the events of the last 7 months. Or more importantly, how they started and how they ended.

I've been playing with (what is now known as) The Woodlands Concert Band for 9+ years now. During that time, with exception of maybe one summer, I've been the only percussionist that has stayed. Over the last few years I've been fortunate enough to have several people that have stayed for a season or 2, some longer. But a few years ago, we realized that with the excess of flute players in our band, it might be a good idea to have some additional help. I welcomed anyone I could get since I needed the help. Typically we would rotate between Susan and Allison. But going into the summer 2008 concert season, another flute player came forward to volunteer: Kara.

It's often said that you can't choose who you fall for. For me it has always been a case of falling for the person that didn't reciprocate the feelings. Until now. There was an instant attraction between Kara and I. And everyone could see it. But there is one minor flaw to this scenario, she has a boyfriend. That she lives with and has been dating for almost 6 years. Leave it to me to fall for someone who is in a long term relationship. The problem is that she was/is equally attracted to me..........but has no intentions of leaving her boyfriend.

So the only thing that could be done was to say goodbye. And not email, call, text, etc.

Thursday night, after our last Christmas concert, I said goodbye to Kara. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I reiterated how I truly felt about her and laid it all out there. I figure I had nothing to lose whatsoever and I plan on having no regrets.

It's been roughly 3 days with no direct contact (not counting seeing each other's posts on Twitter and status updates on Facebook). The last 3 days have seemed like an eternity. I have not had feelings like this for someone in a LONG time. I have the sinking feeling that it's going to take a while to get through this.

Ok, I'm done for now. Since nobody reads this blog I figure it's just a good way for me to vent and put things in writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home